Thursday, February 3, 2011

He Loves Me

Tasha is sitting in the window seat at the Cup and Book.  She is reading her Kindle and people watching.  Wesley walks by and spots Tasha sitting in the window.  He walks in and heads straight for her.

Wesley:  Hey girl.

Tasha looks up from her reading and and looks at Wesley.  She immediately jumps up and throws her arms around his neck.  They share a long and deep embrace.

Wesley:  I've missed you.

Tasha:  I've missed you too but...

Wesley:  If you just hear me out, I can explain everything.

Tasha:  Wesley it's okay.  I'm at peace with it now.  You've always had a thing for Gabrielle.  She's pretty, smart, powerful and rich.  I can't compete.

Wesley yells.

Wesley:  TASHA! 

Everyone in the Cup and Book looks at them.  Tasha is embarrassed and shrinks down into a chair.

Wesley:  What I'm trying to tell you is that Gabrielle told me that the label would drop me if I didn't agree to see her.  If they dropped me I thought that I would have had to pay back the 50k bonus they gave me.  I felt trapped.

Tasha:  Is that supposed to make me feel better Wesley?  Because it doesn't.  It actually makes me feel worse.  You sacrificed our love and our future together for a record deal.

Wesley: I called my lawyer.  He reviewed my contract and told me that it was iron clad.  He said that not only could I walk away but, I could walk away with all of my masters and the 50k bonus.  After that, I confronted Gabrielle and ended whatever she thought had begun.

Tasha:  Are you still with Silver Records?

Wesley: Yes and no.  I'm doing an LP with them and then, I'm out. I'm going to try my hand at doing this independently.  I just started teaching an R&B appreciation course at Bontemps and I'm in talks of helping to develop more music appreciation courses.

Tasha:  Well...good for you.

Wesley:  No baby, good for us.  You are my queen.  You always have been and you always will be.  I need you by my side to help me grow.  I want to be there to help you grow.  I want to see what you look like with gray hair!

Tasha:  Beautiful.  That's how I'll look beautiful.

Wesley:  Of course.  So, what do you say, Tasha McAllister, will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Tasha Eastfall?

Tasha:  Yes!

Wesley stoops down and kisses her passionately.  Everyone in the Cup and Book cheers!

I've got to call my momma and my sisters!

Wesley:  Go ahead.  I'm not going anywhere.

Tasha calls Rose.

Rose:  Hey baby.

Tasha:  Hey mama.  Guess what?

Rose:  Wesley proposed to you and y'all gettin' back together?

Tasha:  What?  How did you know that?

Rose:  Who you think told him where you was child?  Mercy, mercy!  God is good!

Tasha:  Yes he is.  Well okay mama, I'm going to call Arronette, Corrine and Lavinia.

Rose:  Naw now.  Don't call Vinia.  She done messed around and fell in love with dat dope boy round there and he done whopped her behind!  Let her sulk by herself.  When she get tired of being dogged out.  She'll come on round.  Now enjoy your day and let mama finish cutting up these greens.

Tasha:  Alright mama...love you.

Rose:  Love you too sugar. 

Copyright © 2011 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.


No comments:

Post a Comment