Thursday, August 19, 2010

To Dinner...

We resume this episode at Peyton and Aletha's house...

Aletha: Yeah, uh oh is right…who are you?


Justice: Who me? Oh, I’m just a friend of Peyton’s…a nobody.

Aletha: A nobody that calls my fiancé babycakes?

Peyton: No, he’s the same kind of nobody that your boss is.

Justice: Listen Cakes, I’ll catch you later. Think about what I said.

Justice kisses Peyton on the cheek and brushes by Aletha on his way out the door.

Justice: Uh, nice to meet you ma’am.

Aletha: Yeah, the pleasure was all yours.

Peyton: So, I’m your fiancé now? When did that happen?

Aletha: If you explain yourself out of this mess, it might happen right now.

Peyton: You know, you are so self righteous. Do you think that just because I haven’t been on you about that little tryst that you and your boss had; that I’m not hurt and annoyed by you?

Aletha: If you’re so hurt and annoyed why are you still here?

Peyton: I’m here because I love you. I’m here because both of us came into this relationship under the pretense that we wanted to be truly in love…not with just anyone but, with each other. And I’m here because I’m not a quitter.

Aletha: I, I’m sorry about Mr. Phillip. It was going on long before you and I and I just didn’t want to break it off. I didn’t know how he would react.

Peyton: What about me? First you know Greg had herpes, and you didn’t tell me. Then, I find out that you’re secretly screwing your boss? You have to understand how unscrupulous you look right now.

Aletha: First of all, I don’t have herpes, Greg does and that’s why I never told you. Second of all, I realize that I was wrong about Mr. Phillip but, I refuse to apologize on a loop. I said it more than once and I’m done.

Peyton: Okay, since we’re being so forthright, I did sleep with Justice, but, I don’t love him.

Aletha: You slept with that, that…teenager?

Peyton: He is no teenager, he’s a grown man…trust me. That isn’t the point, the point is that you’ve been so aloof, working long hours and making me feel insecure about your relationship with your boss. Justice has been here on those long, cold nights.

Aletha looks surprised.

Aletha: Okay…I deserve that. Can we just start over.

She pulls out a shinny diamond encrusted band out of her purse. She hands it to Peyton.

Peyton: You and I both know we’re not ready for this. The fact that you would even assume that this is going to solve anything makes me wonder if we’ll be ready for it anytime soon. The ink isn’t even dry on your divorce papers for God’s sake.

Aletha: Where do we go from here then?

Peyton: To dinner.

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment