Thursday, September 9, 2010

Congratulations! Mazel tov! Felicitaciones! La heim!

Tasha: Mama what did the doctor say?


Rose: Well, he said that he thinks that the severe headaches are due to stress. Since I’ve taken every medication and had two MRIs he is suggesting that I go on disability at work. He thinks that on the job stress could be the source of my headaches.

Tasha: Oh lord mama! How will you make it on disability pay? Can you make it on disability pay?

Rose: Well, I don’t have a choice I don’t believe. When I was raising you and your sisters, I made much less than I do now and it was five mouths to feed instead of just one. I think I can manage.

Tasha: Well, I was thinking that maybe I should come home and help you out. You know, just until your health improves.

Rose: What about Wesley? I’m surprised to hear you say that you’d leave him.

Tasha: Wesley is just not who I thought he was mom. The wedding is off.

Rose: The wedding is off! Lord have mercy! I just got Reverend Jacobs to agree to officiate and now it’s off?

Tasha: Look mama, I know you’re disappointed but, I just don’t feel he is the one for me. I don’t want to make a huge mistake and get married only to find out that I’m miserable.

Rose: All married people are miserable Tashanae! Now, what has gotten into you girl? What is going on?

Tasha: Mama, I talked to Gabrielle and she told me that the only reason Silver Records signed Wesley is because he was sleeping with her.

Rose: Gabrielle? Where do I remember that name from? I know! Is that the young lady you got into it with in your sorority house? It sho’ is her! How on Earth did you manage to take up with her again? You know she don’t mean you no well…why would you listen to what she has to say?

Tasha: I had a hunch and she confirmed it mama. I can’t stay with a man that isn’t true to me.

Rose: Well ain’t none of ‘em all that “true”. I think you should talk to Wesley. Now go on and call me back….I’m tired.

Tasha: I love you mama.

Rose: I love you Tashanae…talk to Wesley ya hear?

Tasha: Yes ma’am. You get some rest…ya hear? Bye, bye.

****************************
Valencia: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Patrick: What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you screaming and holding your stomach?

He gasped as he realized she’s in labor.

Patrick: Okay, okay, um, where is the bag? I’ve got the keys, I need to call Dr. Krantz and…

Valencia: Patrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrick! Let’s go noooooooooooooow! He, he, whooooooo, he, he, whoooooooooo!

Patrick: Okay Val, I’m going to pull the car in front. Don’t worry baby, everything is going to be okay.

Valencia rummages through her purse and pulls out her cell phone. She hastily dials a number.

Drexel: Hello?

Valencia: Drexel it’s me. Don’t hang up! Listen I’m sorry about everything. Please come to Carter General…the baby is coming!

Drexel: Call that other negro that you’re with now. Congratulations! Mazel tov! Felicitaciones! La heim! I gotta go.

Valencia: Hello? Hello?

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment