Thursday, January 6, 2011

Something I Said

Wesley is sitting in the lobby at Silver Records.  He is there to discuss the art on the cover of his album.  He walks down the hall toward the restrooms and passes Gabrielle in one of the conference rooms.  She is pacing back and forth with a worried expression on her face.  She is shouting at the phone on the conference room table.

Wesley thinks:  Good!  Someone else is stressing her out for a change.

Wesley walks out of the restroom and accidentally hits Gabrielle with the door.  She is visibly shaken and her face is running with mascara stains.

Wesley:  Wow...you look like shit Gabrielle. 

Gabrielle:  On my worst day, I look better than any other woman you know.  I don't need any shit from you!  Just leave me alone.

Wesley:  Leave you alone?  Ha!  That's funny.  You see, I seem to recall that every time I asked you to leave me alone, you persisted; and with a vengeance at that.  I really don't care what's going on with you.  You have destroyed so many others.  I hope you get back everything that you've been putting out there and more.  Have a nice day...bitch.

********************
Patrick:  Gabrielle, I can't give you that money back.

Gabrielle:  Surely you're kidding me.  You've got to be kidding me!  You're going to ruin my relationship with my mother and my career.  You have to get that money!

Patrick:  Listen, you knew we'd be taking some risks when we were moving all that money around and now...it's gone. 

Gabrielle:  Well, borrow it against your firm.

Patrick:  I wouldn't dream of doing that.  Plus, I've got my own concerns.

Gabrielle:  Like what?  First you're gay because you thought that Marlon had money.  Then, you were straight because I told you about Ashlyn.  Then, you married Valencia because she was pregnant and the baby was the key Granna's inheritance money.  You caused all this mess dad!  Now, you're screwing me over!

Patrick:  First of all, I did do all that.  But, I have the common sense to know that there is no honor among thieves.  Just because I'm your dad doesn't mean that you should have trusted me with all that money Gabrielle.  I'm not giving it back to you because I need it.  There is nothing you can do about it unless you tell the truth and I don't think you want to do that.  So, suck it up and tell your mama...or figure it out yourself.

Gabrielle:  Oh my God!  I'm your daughter for God's sake!

Patrick:  Yes, you are my daughter and I love you.  But, I don't owe you anything. 

Gabrielle:  I hate you!

Gabrielle throws the phone into the wall and runs to the bathroom.

********************
 Ashlyn is in Coiffed styling a client's hair.  She has just finished and the client is admiring herself in the mirror.

Client:  Girl, I look just like Gabrielle Union with this do!

Ashlyn:  You sure do girl!  Just make sure you keep coming back to me or you'll end up looking like Whoopi! Okaaay!

They high five.

Client:  So, when are you due?

Ashlyn:  Huh?

Client:  You heard me.  When are you due?  Your face is just glowing and that little tummy is a big tummy now!

Maxanne:  What?  Ash you preggers?

Ashlyn:  Keep your voice down Maxanne!  What is wrong with you yelling all up in here?

Maxanne:  We knew something was up with you!  Congratulations!

Ashlyn breaks down crying and walks to her office.

Maxanne:  Well damn!  Was it something I said?

No comments:

Post a Comment