Friday, April 23, 2010

All Good Things Must...

We resume this episode in The Blue Bistro. Marlon has just revealed to Ashlyn that he was in a six year relationship with a man…

Marlon: (He takes a big gulp of water) Ash baby, I feel the same way. Our connection is powerful. I never thought I’d find this in a woman. You make me feel alive and free to share everything with you. That’s why I wanted to take you out tonight. I wanted to reveal all of me to you. Ashlyn baby…there is no way to say this so I’ll just say it…I’m bi-sexual. Prior to meeting you I was in a six year relationship with a man.

Ashlyn: (laughing hysterically) You’re what!?! C’mon boy, what did you really want to say?

Marlon looks at Ashlyn and doesn’t smile. She realizes he is serious and quickly stops laughing. She tilts her head slightly to the left and peers into his eyes.

Ashlyn: Normally, I’d tell you where you could go but, I’m starting to see life in a whole new way. Let me ask you this. Do you feel as though you could be with me exclusively? I mean, not seeing any other woman or man…just me?

Marlon: Yes, baby! That’s what I want. All I want is you. I, I love you.

Ashlyn: (She sighs) This is all so much at once. This is going to sound strange but, I know you have a photo of your ex. Maybe if I can see it, this will all become real to me. Right now I feel like I’m in dream.

Marlon: A photo? You want to see a photo? Listen Ash I’m not a freak here to entertain you. I opened myself up to you but, I see no reason why you’d need to see a photo. Ugh! (They both sit in silence) I apologize; I guess I’m angry at myself for still having his picture in my wallet.

He reaches into his jacket pocket and produces the photo, Ashlyn looks at the picture and becomes pale.

Ashlyn: I, I have to go…I can’t stay here. I can’t stay here.

Marlon: Baby, what’s wrong? What is it? YOU ASKED TO SEE IT!

Ashlyn: That’s Dennis, that’s my ex-husband!

Ashlyn bolts from the table, dashes through the restaurant and bursts through the double French doors.

Marlon: Wait! Ashlyn! Wait!

Marlon tosses a crisp fifty dollar bill onto the white linen table cloth grabs his coat and rushes out of the restaurant. Ashlyn is outside standing in the rain. She is pacing back and forth ignoring the fact that her hair and clothing are being soaked by the down pour.

Marlon: Ash, I don’t know what to say. Please, let’s sit in the car and talk about this.

Ashlyn: Please don’t say anything Marlon. This was a big mistake. I should never have trusted that I would find love again; certainly not from a damn match making website! What was I thinking?

Marlon: You don’t think I’m scared too? You don’t think I want happiness? You don’t know how hard it is to be in a serious relationship and have it end abruptly only to turn around and have your heart broken again?

Ashlyn: (Walking towards Marlon) I, I…I’m sorry. This is all so, bizarre. You realize we can’t go forward no matter how we feel about each other. Dennis was my husband and your lover. I don’t know about you but, I want to know how Dennis could be with you six years, marry me then leave us both high and dry. You’re right, let’s get out of this rain, we have some investigating to do.

Ashlyn and Marlon jump in his car and head back to her loft.

********************

We revisit Gabby, Wesley and Tasha at Tasha's apartment...

Gabby: Listen Tasha, I don’t want there to be any hard feelings between us. I mean, you couldn’t have known Wesley was in love with me.

Tasha: Humph. Yeah, I guess not. Listen before you go, I want you all to take this with you…

Tasha pulls a gun out of the front pocket of her robe and shoots Gabby in the arm.

Gabby: (Crying hysterically and holding her bleeding arm) Ahhhh! Ahhh! Ahhhh!

Tasha fires another shot at Wes, grazing his cheek.


Wesley: (Holding his face) Ah! Tasha! Please…don’t do this.

Tasha stands there silent and doesn’t speak. She walks over to them and stares at them with the gun pointed at Wesley’s face. Wesley is trembling holding Gabby trying to comfort her.

Tasha: Are you trying to comfort that bitch? This is unbelievable! I really loved you Wes. I opened my home to you. Supported you in all your endeavors too! Now on a whim you decide you want to make a fool out of me…humiliate me? No, no, where I’m from you pay for shit like this. And I’ll accept my payment in blood!

Corlis opens the door.

Corlis: Tasha girl, the door was open. Oh, My God! What did you do?

Tasha: (Turns her head quickly toward the door while keeping the gun trained on Gabby and Wesley) Get out of here! Get out!

Corlis: Tasha, put the gun down. Put the gun on the floor. Everything will be alright I promise.

Wesley: She’s crazy! You’re a crazy bitch Tasha! I never loved you! I swear I’ll kill you for this. (He’s cradling Gabby and applying pressure to her arm) Its okay baby…we’re going to get you some help. Corlis please…call an ambulance! Call now!

Corlis: (Maintaining eye contact with Tasha) Tasha, don’t listen to him. Look at me. Listen to me…you have to put the gun down.

Tasha: You want to kill me Wesley? You’ve already killed me you bastard! You’ve killed me!

Tasha points the gun towards herself and pulls the trigger…

Wesley: Tasha! Tasha baby wake up. How long have you been asleep out here? You know how your back hurts when you sleep on the couch. I told you not to wait up.

Tasha: Huh? Oh, Wesley baby…how did the show go? I’ve had the craziest dream! I was shooting up the place. It was wild.

Wesley: Word? Yeah, that was wild. The show was niiiice. Ya’ boy killed it! Guess who was there tonight? Gabby! She did her thang too! I wish you would have come. I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow. It’s late, let’s go to bed.

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment