Monday, April 26, 2010

Mini-Episode: Carlson, Cape and Crixus

We begin this mini-episode in the Engineering Firm of Carlson, Cape and Crixus. It’s a trendy firm located in the Mitchell District.


Receptionist: Hello, thank you for calling Carlson, Cape and Crixus. How may I help you?

Marlon: Yes, this is Marlon Jamison for Mr. Crixus.

Receptionist: I apologize Mr. Jamison however; Mr. Crixus is in a meeting. Would you care for voicemail?

Marlon: Please inform Mr. Crixus that we have a problem and I need to speak with him immediately!

Receptionist: Yes sir, please hold.

Mr. Crixus: (In a frustrated, hushed tone) Marlon! What is the big deal? I had to end my meeting early!

Mr. Crixus leans back in his chair and props his feet up on the glass table top desk.

Marlon: As I told your receptionist, we have a problem!

Mr. Crixus: What kind of problem Marlon? And what do we have to do with this?

Marlon starts pacing the floor in his office at KAMA. His employees can see him through the window so, he lowers the roman shades.

Marlon: You know I’m sick of you acting brand new. Do I have to spell it out for you? It’s obviously something to do with Ashlyn. Ashlyn knows that you and I used to be together and she’s furious! She wanted to talk but, I feigned a migraine and went home.

Mr. Crixus: What! How could you allow this to happen? How did that even come out?

Marlon: Well, I was trying to win her trust by telling her that I “used” to be with a man for six years. She asked to see a picture and I showed her yours. It’s been three months and I figured it was time to reel her in closer.

Mr. Crixus: Damn it Marlon! How stupid can you be? Why would you show her my picture? What were you thinking? You could have shown her Uncle Ben’s picture for all I care…why mine?

Marlon: Well excuse me Patrick! She asked to see a picture. She said that it would help her deal. I don’t know what you expect from me! I’m not doing this of my own free will. I don’t care how much money she has…I’m out. I can’t do this.

Patrick: You can and you will do this. Don’t back out on me baby. This is the key to our financial freedom. All we have to do is get her to give us the 500 large and we’ll be done. You can sell that damn restaurant and I’ll give up my partnership here…just like we discussed.

Marlon: Oh, now I’m baby? Was it not enough for me to endure six months of sleepless nights waiting for you to come home? All of this for money! I cringe at the thought. For all of this anguish we at least should get all the money. Why don’t we get the whole million?

Patrick: Gabby has to get her share…you know that.

Marlon: I just don’t know about her. She’s a bitch. Wait, I’m getting another call. It’s Ashlyn, I’ve got to go.

Patrick: Wait!

Marlon: What Patrick or should I say Dennis?

Patrick: I love you. I’m sorry I was snappy earlier...and it's always Patrick to you.  C'mon now.

Marlon: Uh huh... Well, love you too…now I’ve got to go.

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

1 comment: