Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Love You Too Patrick!

We resume our episode at the wedding of Ashlyn and Marlon Jamison…


Ashlyn: Okay baby, I'll catch up in a minute! Wait girl…is that a ring on your finger? Are you engaged? Drexel is making it official! I see you Ms. Thang!

Valencia: Actually I’m married.

Ashlyn: What! Y’all are quick!

Valencia: Yeah, it’s Mrs. Crixus now.

Ashlyn: Are you serious Valencia? Mrs. Crixus?

Valencia: Yes, I’m serious. He’s the father of my child and he loves me.

Ashlyn: He loves you? No, he loves himself! What happened to Drexel?

Ashlyn looks around to see if anyone is listening to their conversation. She leans in closer and lowers her voice.

Valencia: Patrick sent a note of apology to our house addressed to me and Drexel read it. He told me to get out and I went to Patrick’s house. I had no where else to go. It turned out to be the best thing I could have done.

Ashlyn: You are looking for a world of heartache and trouble. I married him on a whim. You married him knowing who he is and what he is capable of. If he hurts you, you asked for it. How could you do this to Drexel?

Valencia: Don’t lecture me! You married his ex-lover; a man that was trying to extort you and leave you penny-less. For all you know, he could have married you to get to your money.

Ashlyn: You had better be thankful to God for being pregnant. Otherwise, I would slap the taste out of your mouth. Now if you’ll excuse me I have my husband and my guests to tend to.

Valencia: Listen, I didn’t come here to start any mess. I came to wish you well and I’ve done that. I don’t want there to be any bad blood between us.

Ashlyn: You’re right. I’m sorry, you can do what you want. Everyone deserves the right to be happy. Just be careful.

The music stops abruptly and there is the piercing noise of back feed from the microphone. Marlon is holding the microphone.

Marlon: Is this thing on? Hey everybody, I hope you’re having a good time. I just wanted to tell my beautiful bride Ashlyn that I love her and I’m so honored to be her husband. You are the air that I breathe baby.

Ashlyn begins to cry as she approaches the band stand. She takes the microphone.

Ashlyn: I love you too Patrick!

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

2 comments: