Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is Going on With You Marlon?

We resume this episode at Marlon and Ashlyn's reception...

Marlon: Is this thing on? Hey everybody, I hope you’re having a good time. I just wanted to tell my beautiful bride, Ashlyn, that I love her and I’m so honored to be her husband. You are the air that I breathe baby.


Ashlyn begins to cry as she approaches the band stand. She takes the microphone.

Ashlyn: I love you too Patrick!

People in the crowd gasp. Ashlyn is initially surprised at their reaction then, she realizes what she has done and covers her mouth with her hands. Her eyes become large as they well up with tears. She is truly embarrassed. Marlon takes the microphone and says…

Marlon: Hey baby, I told you to only call me Patrick when we’re alone.

The crowd laughs as though they believe the incident was planned. Marlon hugs Ashlyn tight and whispers in her ear.

Marlon: What the hell was that?

Ashlyn: Valencia is Mrs. Patrick Crixus now and we were just talking about that before I came up here!

Marlon ends the hug and searches the crowd for Valencia. He speaks into the microphone…

Marlon: We want to thank you all for coming to share our special day with us. Please enjoy the food, drinks and music!

They both leave the bandstand and sit at the lovebird’s table. Their food has already been prepared for them. They sit down and start eating.

Ashlyn: I am really sorry you know. I just couldn’t believe she would do something so stupid!

Marlon: Yeah, she’s officially off of her rocker. But, don’t let their drama ruin our day.

Gabrielle approaches their table dressed in a floor length cream dress holding a gold box.

Gabrielle: Why hello you two. I just wanted to drop-in and bring you all a little something from Silver records. You know KAMA does all of our events and we simply couldn’t let the owner slash Executive Chef get married and not bring him and his new bride a gift! It’s a romance bundle complete with candles, scented oils, chocolates, a spa gift certificate and a copy of our newest artist, Wesley’s LP.

Marlon: That’s funny, I simply couldn’t have imagined our wedding day with you as a guest. Speak of the damn devil and the saints appear! So, are you here to spy with Valencia? Did Patrick send some henchmen to ruin our day?

Ashlyn: Baby remember what you JUST said? Gabrielle, thank you for the gift. Would you care to stay for a drink?

Gabrielle: Uh, no dear. I would however care for my 40% of your now combined estate. Was that not the deal Marlon?

Marlon gives Gabrielle a cold stare.

Ashlyn: Bitch please! I tried to be cordial but, you have 2.2 seconds to get the hell out of here or I will personally jump down your throat, tap dance on your tonsils and make it so they’ll have to give you a whistle to communicate!

Gabrielle: Such hostility isn’t good for your spirit Ashlyn. You all will be hearing from me.

Gabrielle picks up Marlon’s champagne, drinks the entire glass and slams it down on the table. She places her clutch under her arm and walks away.  Marlon walks towards the grassy space outside of the tent.  Ashlyn gets up and follows him.  He is fumbling with his phone and doesn't notice that she's trailing him.  Ashlyn stops short of going outside and comforting him.  She sits at a nearby table feigning a conversation with some guests.

Marlon's phone begins to dial someone.
Ring, ring, ring.

Patrick:  Hello.

Marlon:  You married Valencia?  What is going on with you Patrick?

Ashlyn:  No!  What is going on with YOU MARLON!?!

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment