Thursday, July 1, 2010

Season Two Premiere..."Two Weddings and a Heartbreak"

It is a busy day at CraveMag. Pamela Jones a renowned author and poet will be on the August cover and the entire magazine staff is a buzz. Aletha is overseeing all the details. She is in what she likes to call “power mode”. She has created a strict timeline for the photo shoot and interview. She is shouting orders to the interns from her office.


Aletha: Carroway! Carroway!

Carol Leigh: My name is Carol Leigh. How can I help you?

Aletha: Oh, I’m sorry. Carol Leigh, how long have you been interning for me?

Carol Leigh: 3 months Mrs. Hill.

Aletha: Would you like to fill the vacant Assistant position here at CraveMag?

Carol Leigh: I would love to!

Aletha: Well, correct me again and you will never get the chance. Now, I need you to go down to the green room and ensure that Ms. Jones’ requirements have been met. Here is a copy of her rider. Make sure that nothing is left off of that list.

Carol Leigh mumbles something under her breath.

Aletha: That had better be a prayer that you’re mumbling! Close my door!

Carol Leigh gently closes the door and runs off to complete her task. Aletha hears the door knob turn as she is looking out the window.

Aletha: I said close my door!

Peyton: So, “power mode” has you this worked up? I don’t want to see “super power mode”!

Aletha: Oh, my God baby. What are you doing here? I can’t meet you for lunch today. Pamela Jones will…

Peyton: I know, she’ll be here tomorrow and you’ve got so much to do. That’s why I brought some sushi and miso soup for you. I’m actually on my way to the zoo.

Aletha walks over and kisses Peyton.

Aletha: I forgot all about the zoo! I’m so excited it for you…my little Black vet.

Aletha’s boss Mr. Phillip walks into her office. He is a very handsome man in his mid 40s. He has dark olive skin, grey eyes and wavy salt and pepper hair. He stands about 6’ 6” tall with a muscular build and a wide toothy smile.

Mr. Phillip: Well, Ms. Hill, who have we here? Is there an animal feature in the August issue?

Peyton smiles because she is wearing her Cravencrest Zoo Hospital lab jacket.

Peyton: No, I’m Peyton, I’m Aletha’s…

Aletha: Good friend! Yes, she’s a very good friend who was kind enough to stop by and bring a weary soul some lunch.

Peyton looks at Aletha with disbelief. Her feelings are hurt.

Mr. Phillip: I see. Well isn’t that sweet? Ms. Hill, I was just stopping by to make sure you were and I were still on for dinner. I miss my favorite dinner companion.

Peyton: Well, that’s my cue, I’ll leave you two lovebirds to discuss your dinner plans.

Mr. Phillip: Okay, it was nice meeting you!

Aletha:  Peyton...wait!

Peyton walks out and slams the door. She walks to the elevator and breaks down in tears.

********************

It is 8:45pm and the sun is creating a colorful light show in the sky as it makes room for the moon. The air is thick with the scent of magnolia flowers that have been bathing in the summer heat. Paper bag luminaries are placed in the plush grass in the shape of a circle. Fire torches are lined up to create an aisle leading to the circle of warmth. Fire flies are dancing on the slight night breeze creating an atmosphere of subtle passion and overt romance. Marlon and Ashlyn are standing in the midst of this beauty.


Marlon is dressed in a cream, French cuffed shirt with a cream linen vest, golden pocket square, cream linen pants and bare feet. Ashlyn is wearing a golden lace, mermaid style dress with a deep dip in the back. The underlay is nude making it appear as though she is swathed in gold. Her hair is swept up in a bun with tendrils falling on her face. She is wearing small pearl studs and minimal make-up.


Their 25 guests are seated around them all dressed in hues of cream and gold.


After the couple exchanges vows and lights the unity candle they share a loving embrace. As the 6 piece band begins to play “One in a Million” the couple kisses and walks down the aisle.


Everyone is holding sparklers as the ceremony space is converted into a reception space. The bar is open and all in attendance are lively and excited for the newly weds.

Mr. and Mrs. Talmadge: Congratulations!

The four of them embrace.

Mrs. Talmadge: Please take care of baby chick. She’s been through so much and I just want happiness for her.

Marlon: I promise.

Mr. Talmadge: Son, I’ve grown to like you a lot. But, I’ll kill you if you hurt baby chick.

Marlon: Yes sir I understand.

Mr. Talmadge: No seriously…I will have you killed.

Ashlyn: Daddy!

Marlon: You both have my complete and undying respect and love. I promise I will be the best husband for Ashlyn. I give you my word. God brought her to me and I will do everything I can to keep her happy.

Ashlyn looks down at her ring and back at Marlon..it still hasn't sunk in that she is Mrs. Jamison.

Valencia: Congratulations Mrs. Jamison!

Ashlyn: Thank you girl! How have you been? I haven’t seen you since you left the shop. How is that bun in there?

Valencia: Well, Sophie will be here in a month and a half. She’s a kicker so, mommy is ready for her to come out!

Marlon: Excuse me ladies, I’m going to say hello to some of our guests.

Valencia:  Oh, okay...congrats again Marlon.

Ashlyn: Okay baby, I'll catch up in a minute! Wait girl…is that a ring on your finger? Are you engaged? Drexel is making it official! I see you Ms. Thang!

Valencia: Actually I’m married.

Ashlyn: What! Y’all are quick!

Valencia: Yeah, it’s Mrs. Crixus now.

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment