Thursday, June 24, 2010

Season One Finale..."It has Everything to do with Us"

We begin this episode at the home of Drexel and Valencia…


Knock, knock…

Valencia: Baby can you get that? I’m trying to sign up for our Target registry.

Drexel: Target? You’re going to have our baby wearing Target stuff? I don’t know about that.

Drexel opens the door and looks around. No one is there. He looks down and sees a large envelope with Valencia spelled out in large, red letters. He picks it up and walks out onto the porch to see if anyone is nearby. Satisfied that there is no one there he starts to open the envelope.

Valencia: Hey baby! Who was it?

Drexel: Uh, no one…just those bad ass kids playing “nigga knock”. I’m going to go check the mail, I’ll be right back.

Valencia: Okay!

Drexel reaches inside of the envelope and pulls out a letter on “Carlso, Cape and Crixus” letter head.

It reads:

Valencia,


Ever since you came to my office that day I have been trying to figure out how to deal with this situation. When you approached me for the money to have an abortion, I was dealing with Marlon and then Ashlyn showed up. I was angry and upset. I am truly sorry to have treated you so cold. I miss being able to unburden myself to you. You were always a good listener and I never felt like you were judging me. That night that we made love, I must admit, that I was fully aware of what I was doing. I wasn’t drunk. I know I have done some despicable things in my life. For some reason, you make me feel like I need to be a new man…a good man.


I know you have a man but, I promise you I will spend the rest of my life trying to win your love and trust. I have already established a trust for our child…no strings attached.


Please forgive me…I’m sorry and I love you.


- P.C.

Drexel is crying as he reads the letter. He is so surprised that Valencia has had an affair. He can’t understand why she would do this to him. He starts to slowly walk towards the house. The letter is clinched in his fist. He pushes the front door open….

Drexel (crying loudly): How could you do this to me? I gave you everything I had. I opened my life up to you and you stepped all over me! How could you do this?

Valencia is caught off guard by Drexel’s tears. She has never seen him cry. She notices a letter in his hand and see’s the Carlson, Cape and Crixus logo on it. She immediately realizes that he knows about Patrick and she is devastated.

Valencia: I’m sorry Drexel! I had only been with you and I thought that I needed to see what else was out there. I realized instantly that you’re the only one for me. Please don’t leave me! We need you!

Drexel’s upset turns into rage. He walks over to her and stands one inch away from her face.

Drexel: “We”? Who is “We” Valencia? I don’t know what you are doing and I don’t know who you are. If I were a lesser man, I would whoop your ass. Since I am a good, God fearing man…you have until the end of next month to figure out where you and that child you’re carrying is going to stay.

He picks up his keys from the coffee table and walks out of the house…

********************
We venture to Tasha and Wesley’s apartment. Gabrielle has just proposed that Silver Records plan Tasha and Wesley’s wedding. She has been put out of the apartment by Wesley but, not before she kisses him and leaves traces of her lipstick.

Tasha: Can you believe that bitch? Wesley is that lipstick on your lips?

Wesley immediately wipes his lips and walks toward the bathroom. Tasha follows him.

Tasha: Did you hear what I said? Is that lipstick?

Wesley: Look, Gabby kissed me. She has been after me for I don’t know how long. I don’t want her and you know that!

Tasha: I didn’t say that you did want her. You have got to check her before I get really ignorant and your record deal goes bye-bye.

Wesley: Can’t we just press rewind and start this day over? I just want to forget that she was even here. Weren’t you showing me some dresses?

Tasha: I can’t just get past it Wesley. I don’t know how we’re going to make it with Silver Records butting into our lives whenever they feel the urge. Now, promise me you’ll stop it now before it gets bad.

Wesley walks over to Tasha, wraps his arms around her waist and whispers into her ear…

Wesley: I promise…

********************
We find Ashlyn sipping a frozen green tea at Cup and Book…


Ashlyn is reading “The Bluest Eye” on her Kindle and people watching. She is enjoying a Sunday away from the Salon. She dressed in a flowing maxi dress, golden roman sandals and gold rimmed shades.

Marlon: Excuse me, is this seat taken?

Ashlyn looks up over the rim of her glasses and sighs.

Ashlyn: Are you stalking me? What are you doing here?

Marlon: What? You think you’re the only one that enjoys the coffee house scene? I can hardly breathe without my afternoon hot chocolate.

Ashlyn: Uh huh.

Marlon: Uh huh what?

Ashlyn: Anyway. So today is our one month anniversary. You had me meet you at the Cup and Book for what? So I can watch you drink hot chocolate in the summer time?

She smiles.

Marlon: Well, I know that we met under dishonest conditions but, obviously everything happens for a reason. So, I asked you here to the Cup and Book to give you…well a book.

Marlon slides a book across the table. Ashlyn picks up the book and sees that it is actually a journal. There is one entry written on the first page. She reads it and a single tear slides down the contours of her face. She touches the words and reads them out loud.

Ashlyn: Dishonesty lead me to you…honesty will keep me forever chained to your side.

Marlon: You like it?

Ashlyn: I love it! This is so sweet Marlon.

Marlon: And I love you.

********************
Sandra just told Gregory that she has herpes. She is sitting on a bench in the middle of the mall crying.  Peyton and Camille are so surprised but, they are silent...they don't know what to say...

Camille:  Sand...are you alright?  What did he say?

Peyton:  Forget what he said...let's talk about what you said!  Do you have herpes for real?

Sandra sniffles, looks up at Peyton and starts to cry again.

Peyton:  Well do you? 

Camille looks over at Peyton to let her know that she's being insensitive.  Peyton touches Sandra's shoulder and apologizes.

Sandra:  I have herpes but, I didn't have it last year before I started seeing Greg.  I got tested for the Black Student Union's "Know Your Status" drive and they called me three days ago and said that I had it.  Greg has been the ONLY one.  I can't believe he gave me a disease and now he's lying to me about everything!  I just want to die!

Aletha is standing behind them.  She's been listening for some time. Peyton looks up and sees her standing there.  Peyton walks over and starts whispering to Aletha.

Aletha:  What's going on?  I thought you would have come to meet me by now. 

Peyton:  Well it turns out that Sandra was seeing Gregory...for the past year.  She said that he had been telling her that he couldn't have her over because you were always there.  He gave her that excuse not 15 minutes ago and she's upset.  She also found out that she has herpes and she said that he was the only one that she'd been with so, he had to have been the one to give it to her.

Aletha:  Damn.  Yeah, he has it.

Peyton:  What do you mean? 

Aletha:  He's had it ever since I've known him.

Peyton:  I can't believe this...do you have it?

Aletha:  No, I get routinely tested and thank God, I'm in the clear.

Peyton:  I wish you would have told me.

Aletha:  Told you for what?  That has nothing to do with us.

Peyton:  Aletha, it has everything to do with us...

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment