Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Going to Handle My Business

We begin this episode at Ashlyn’s loft.


Buzz, buzz. Buzz, buzz.

Ashlyn presses the button to speak.

Ashlyn: Adrienne is that you?

Adrienne: Yeah, it’s me. Would you buzz me in please? It’s some shady characters lurking out here.

Ashlyn buzzes her cousin in and unlocks the front door. She hears the “ding” of the elevator and walks back to her couch to have a seat.

Adrienne opens the door and says…

Adrienne: Hey girl! How you doin’?

Ashlyn: I’m good. Lock the door for me. Wouldn’t want any of those shady characters to get in.

She laughs.

Adrienne: Whatever! I’m not used to vagrants skulking about my property.

Ashlyn: Skulking? Girl you are too much! So, what’s the tea? Give me the juice.

Adrienne: Well, you’ll never guess who I had lunch with today.

Ashlyn: First of all, what does this have to do with Dennis?

Adrienne: It has everything to do with him. Remember I told you on the phone that his name is actually Patrick Crixus.

Ashlyn: So, that’s why I haven’t been able to find his triflin’ ass!

Adrienne: Exactly. So, you never guessed who I had lunch with.

Ashlyn: Girl, I don’t know!

Adrienne: C’mon Ashlyn for real!

Ashlyn: Usher Raymond…hell! I said I didn’t know!

Adrienne: Valencia.

Ashlyn: Valencia? From my shop? How do you two know each other?

Adrienne: Well, I’m girls with Tasha.

Ashlyn: Uh huh…

Adrienne: Tasha invited me to lunch to tell me that she was getting married and it turns out that her girls Corlis and Valencia were there too. We’re all going to be in the wedding.

Ashlyn: I still don’t see what this has to do with Den…I mean Patrick.

Adrienne: Well, apparently Little Miss Valencia is pregnant.

Ashlyn: Okay, that’s no biggie. Her man Drexel is fine as all out doors! I’m surprised she didn’t get pregnant sooner. She’d better not think that I’m going to ease up on my expectations at the shop. Humph! Damn that! Was she talking about me behind my back?

Adrienne: Will you just calm down? I’m trying to tell you that she is pregnant by PATRICK!

Ashlyn logs on to her laptop and Googles Patrick Crixus. The search returns the website of Carlson, Cape and Crixus. Ashlyn goes on the website and reads the partner profile section. She reads Patrick’s profile then copies and pastes the address of the company into an e-mail.

Adrienne: What are you doing? Did you hear me?

Ashlyn: Oh, I heard you. I’m getting ready to call Valencia in the car.

Adrienne: In the car?

Ashlyn: Yeah, I’ve got the address to his company. I’m going to handle my business.

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment