Thursday, May 27, 2010

Can You Believe That Bitch?

We begin this episode at the apartment of Tasha and Wesley. Tasha is sitting on the living room floor with wedding magazines and pamphlets spread out around her. She is dressed in a white fitted t-shirt, gold shorts and white ankle socks. Her hair is in a messy bun and she’s in full make-up.



Wesley walks in the living room from the kitchen. He steps over the magazines and caresses Tasha’s face.

Wesley: You are so beautiful.  Why all the make-up?

She smiles back up at him and stands up to give him a hug.

Tasha: Thank you baby. I'm just trying out different looks for my wedding make-up.  I know this one is wild. I can’t believe I’m going to be Mrs. Eastfall. It’s still so surreal.

She picks up a magazine and shows Wesley one of the bridesmaid dresses.

Wesley: Who’s going to wear that? Not Corlis’ big ass I know!

Tasha: You had better get off of my friend!

She playfully nudges him.

Wesley: Get off your friend? She had better get off that Mickey D’s!

Tasha: Shut up boy!

There’s a knock at the door. Then the doorbell begins to ring.

Tasha: Who do you think that is? Are you expecting anyone?

Wesley: No, I’m not…let me see who it is. Probably a Jehovah’s Witness.

Wesley opens the door and sees Gabrielle standing there with a sharply dressed white woman holding a leather portfolio.

Wesley: Hey Gabby! “Harpo, who dis woo-mun?”

He laughs.

Wesley: I’m sorry, just joking. Why don’t you ladies come on in?

Gabrielle and her associate walk-in the apartment.

Wesley: Color Purple.

Gabrielle: Excuse me?

Wesley: Oh, uh, “Harpo, who dis woo-mun?” that’s from the Color…never mind.

She looks at him puzzled.

Wesley: Don’t front, you know you’ve seen it! I’m sorry Ms. I didn’t catch your name.

Cadence: That’s probably because I didn’t throw it. You must be the groom. I’m Cadence Valor of Valor Events. I’ll be planning your wedding.

Wesley: Uh, baby, could you come here for a moment?

Tasha walks into the foyer and sees Gabrielle. She feels anxious and frustrated that she is at their home. She feigns joy to see her.

Tasha: Hey Soror! How are you?

She turns to Cadence and extends her hand.

Tasha: Hi I’m Tasha McAllister and your name?

Cadence: I’m Cadence Valor of Valor Events. I’ll be planning your wedding.

Tasha: Pleased to meet you.

They shake hands.

Cadence: Yes, charmed.

Tasha: Wait, did I just hear you say that you’ll be planning my wedding?

She turns and looks at Wesley. He looks at Gabrielle.

Gabrielle: Well, mother and I thought it would be a lovely PR opportunity for us to showcase our newest and brightest artist. Of course we couldn’t have him getting married in some understated ceremony and reception. They’ll be photographers and reporters there and we need a first class event. Even though we’re Silver Records we only deal in Platinum.

Tasha: Uh, that is most definitely a spectacular idea!

Gabrielle: You think so?

Wesley: Baby, you think so for real?

Tasha: Yes, I really do. I think it’s a spectacular idea for someone else. Let me explain something to you Gabby. This is OUR wedding. The only people we are concerned about are GOD, Tasha and Wesley. I could care less about what you and your mother think. In fact, why don’t you and Ms. Valor remove yourself from my presence! I’m going to need you to do that no later than NOW!

She walks over and opens the door.

Gabrielle: Okay so, what you’re saying is, you’re passing up a free wedding planner and the opportunity to have a spectacular event?

Wesley: What she said is that she didn’t want Silver’s involvement in our wedding! You’re crossing the line Gabrielle. Seriously.

Cadence: I need to take a call Gabrielle, I’ll be in the car.

Tasha: Yeah, you do that! Gabrielle, please don’t let the door knob hit you on the way out.

Gabrielle: Wesley, was I crossing the line with your record contract or your unmerited 50k signing bonus?

Tasha: Bitch! You are not going to stand in this house and disrespect us. Who do you think you are? I know who you are and you’re not this high powered executive you’re pretending to be. Why don’t you crawl back underneath your father’s money where your mama is hiding!

Wesley: Tasha! Go in the back, I’ll handle this.

Tasha: No, I’m standing right here, this chick has lost her damn mind!

He looks at Tasha with a stern face.

Wesley: Tasha, I said I’d handle it. Go in the back.

He watches her walk away and disappear into the den. Tasha slams the door behind her.

Wesley: Gabby, what is all this? You have got to chill.

Gabrielle: I am chilling Wesley. I just want the best for you. Can’t I take care of you?

Wesley: No, don’t take care of me. We’re not on that level and you know it. I’m not joking. I love that girl and you are not going to hurt her and mess this up.

Gabrielle puts her well manicured index finger over Wesley’s lips and says…

Gabrielle: I can’t do anything you won’t allow me to do.

She stands on her tip toes and kisses him. He pushes her over the threshold of the door and slams it in her face.

Tasha walks out of the den.

Tasha: Can you believe that bitch? Wesley is that lipstick on your lips?

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment