Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mini Episode: Dennis the Menace...

We begin this episode at Coiffed Hair Salon. Ashlyn has just called Marlon…


Ring, ring, ring….

Marlon: Hello.

Ashlyn: Hey, are you alright? I felt so bad for you the other night. That migraine must have been something serious. You looked pretty bad.

Marlon: I’m cool. Yeah, I took two imitrex and a valium.

Ashlyn: Dang! All that huh? You had better slow down on all those drugs…lawd have mercy! Well, I’m glad you’re feeling better. Marlon, may I ask you something? Hold on; hold on…I know she is not eating in here! Give me a second Marlon.

Marlon: Oh, okay.

Valencia, I have told you countless numbers of times…do not eat in this shop! Go to the back! I don’t care if there are no clients in here! Please, help me out! Better yet, help yourself out and stay employed!

Ashlyn: Hey, I’m back…sorry about that.

Marlon: That’s okay; you had to handle some business. You run a tight ship (He laughs).

Ashlyn: Damn right! I have worked too hard to create a certain image and I plan to maintain that image. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh! Please tell me where Dennis is.

Marlon: I uh, really don’t know. He came home one day and said that he couldn’t live our lifestyle anymore and that he needed his space. He said he was moving to Atlanta. It’s been seven months now and I haven’t heard from him.

Ashlyn: Marlon, you mean to tell me that you all were together for six years and he hasn’t called you in seven months? Why are you lying?

Marlon: Excuse me? I am NOT lying and I resent you saying that. Has he called you? Hell, he was YOUR damn husband!

Ashlyn: Yes, he was but, I obviously didn’t know him as well as you did! Don’t think that I’m stupid enough to think that he would contact me before he contacted you!

Marlon: Listen heffa, I already told you that I don’t know where his raggedy ass is! I am not in the habit of arguing and I don’t plan to start now!

Ashlyn: Heffa! Heffa? You know what Marlon? That was some extra gay shit to say!

Marlon: Oh? Was I extra gay when I was kissing you in all the right places? Remember you stopped me because you said you couldn’t have sex but you could do everything else? Uh, huh I never forget!

Ashlyn: (She bursts out laughing) Okay, okay…I’m sorry. I guess I did tease you huh? Wow…I was trying to remain virtuous AND get my freak on! Is that a crime? (She laughs again).

Marlon: No, it’s not a crime…I just had to remind you. Come on Ash, can’t we just focus on us. I know our pasts are somewhat connected but, do we have to get revenge? I really do love you.

Ashlyn: Marlon, I can’t move on knowing how he did me and you! I don’t think I could ever see past it. I care for you but, this is all so strange.  I feel like I'm on Candid Camera like this was all staged or something.

Marlon:  (He lets out a deep sigh) Ash...I need to tell you something...

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment