Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shut The Front Door!

We begin this episode at the 7th Street Sushi Bar. Tasha, Corlis, Valencia and Adrienne are having a girl’s night out.


Valencia: Waiter, excuse me, may I have some more sake please?

Corlis: I don’t see how you drink that stuff. It’s so strong! I can smell it all the way over here.

Valencia: Well I like it…hell.

Tasha: Y’all please act like you have some sense. My girl Adrienne will be here in a minute and I don’t want you to make her feel like an outcast.

Corlis: Why do you always have to give folks a lecture? We are extra grown now. You kill me with that. (She smiles)

Valencia: That’s alright Tasha…preach on, preach on! We’ll be nice. Well, let me speak for myself.

Corlis: Yeah, speak for yourself humph! Just kidding…I’ll be nice, I promise.

Adrienne walks in the restaurant. Tasha sees her and flags her over to their table. Adrienne smiles and walks to the back of the restaurant.

Adrienne: Hey Tasha! (Hugs her from the side) Hey how y’all doing? I’m Adrienne; it’s nice to meet you.

Valencia: Hey I’m Valencia, you can call me Val.

Adrienne: Hey Val. (She smiles)

Corlis: Don’t nobody call your ass Val….VALENCIA!

Tasha: Adrienne, this grumpy old soul is Corlis.

Corlis: Ya mama!

Adrienne: Uh, hey. (She opens a menu) So, ladies are the California rolls good?

Tasha: California rolls? I don’t know….my favorite here is the crunchy tuna roll.

Adrienne: Oh, that does sound good.

Tasha: So, listen ladies, I called this “ladies night out” meeting to celebrate a milestone in my life.

Tasha reaches into her pocket and slips on her engagement ring. She holds up her hand in front of her face. Everyone gasps as they look at her ring. She smiles a big smile and looks at her hand.

Tasha: Can you believe it? Wes proposed last week. Keeping it a secret has been killing me; I wanted to tell you all so bad!

Corlis: So, when is the date? I know I’m the maid of honor right?

Adrienne: What are the colors?

Valencia: Uh, um, excuse me girls. I’ll be right back.

Tasha: You alright? You look sick.

Valencia: Oh, I’m fine, I’ve just been feeling a little queasy all day.  I just need to go to the ladies room.  Be right back.

She scoots out of the booth and walks away.

Corlis: I told her ass that damn sake was too much!

Tasha: She said all day…not just now. Leave her alone Corlis damn!

Corlis: Well, it’s probably all those fumes from working at that shop. I mean, how many perms can you do without becoming sick?

Adrienne: I know I don’t know her very well, but…is she pregnant? That’s exactly how I was when I had my son, Caleb.

Tasha: You think she might be? Damn.

Corlis: Anything is possible. She’s been with Drexel a long time. She did tell me that they don’t use condoms. Talkin’ bout he just pulls out. Humph! I told her dumb ass…now she pregnant. Lawd Jesus!

Adrienne: Well, I don’t know if she is, I was just….

Tasha: Corlis will you shut up? She’s going to hear you telling all her business!

Valencia comes from around the corner and stands behind Tasha.

Valencia: What business?

Corlis: The fact that you and Drexel don’t use condoms and you actin’ all pregnant.

Valencia: You are so ignorant Corlis. ANYWAY (Rolling her eyes at Corlis) Tasha finish telling us about the wedding.

Tasha: Well, we know that we want to get married in the summer. So, it’ll probably be next summer in May or June. The colors are going to be cream, fuchsia and burnt orange. I’m going to have three bridesmaids and they’re all sitting here at this table! I’m going to have two maids of honor CORLIS! I want y’all to each wear a different style of dress. This is going to be hot! The groomsmen will wear suits and not tuxes and…

Valencia starts to cry. She is trying to wipe the tears before anyone pays attention. Tasha looks at her and touches her hand.

Tasha: Valencia, what’s wrong boo? Please tell us what’s going on with you! You’re scaring me.

Valencia: (She starts sniffling) Okay, you were right, I am pregnant.

Corlis: Then why the hell are you drinking girl? (Snatching the sake from Valencia’s hand) Have mercy Jesus!

Valencia: Do you want to chastise me or do you want to know what’s going on?

Corlis: I’m sorry…go ahead. (She drinks the sake)

Valencia: I’m pregnant but, it’s not Drexel’s.

Corlis:  Shut the front door!

Valencia: Remember that guy Patrick Crixus I told y’all about?

Tasha: The guy that owns an Engineering Firm or something? I thought you said he was gay!

Valencia: It’s just all messed up. I can’t have this baby. He is gay! And me being pregnant isn’t the worst part. The worst part is I think he used to be married to Ashlyn.

Adrienne: Your boss?

Corlis: What? How do you know that?

Valencia: When we were together last he told me all this stuff.  He said…

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

1 comment: