Thursday, June 10, 2010

YOUR Man?!?

We begin this episode at High Point Mall. It is a Friday afternoon. The mall is seemingly filled to capacity with shoppers.



Sandra: Maybe we should have gone to another mall. It’s packed in here!

Camille: Yeah, but it would have taken us forever to go somewhere else plus, this mall has an ALDO. I want to get those pumps I’ve been looking at.

Sandra: I guess it’s okay. Let’s not go in any store where we see some bad ass kids!

A kid runs by Sandra and brushes against her leg.

Sandra: Hey, little boy! Watch where you’re going! Dang!

Camille: Girl, chill out. He’s just a kid.

Sandra: I know, but, he is out of control running in here. This is not a playground! See what I’m saying? Packed mall equals bad ass kids!

The ladies walk into H&M and start browsing.

Camille: Look at this dress! It’s absolutely beautiful and it’s only $14.99. This will go perfect with those earrings I bought from cre8tivesoul.com. You think it would look good on me?

Sandra: Why don’t you try it on and see?

Camille: ‘Cause I HATE trying on clothes! Just give me your opinion Sandra.

Sandra: Nope! You need to try it on and see for yourself. I’m tired of going with you to the store because you bought something that doesn’t fit and you need to take it back. Just eliminate all that and try the damn dress on!

Camille: You don’t have to be so testy…geez!

Sandra: Yes I do because you don’t listen! I’ve got some things to try on. Let’s go together c’mon.

The ladies are walking towards the dressing room when…

Camille: (In a whisper) Sandra! Sandra! Look is that Peyton hugged up with a chick?

Sandra: (In a loud voice) Peyton? Hugged up with a chick? Where?

Camille: Shhhh! Damn girl! You are so loud!

Sandra spots her and immediately starts walking over toward Peyton.

Sandra: Hey Peyton! How are you?

Peyton: Hi Sandra. How are you? How is life after school?

Sandra: It’s great. I can barely figure out what to do with myself with no classes! I’m going right back to Bontemps for my MBA. Anyway, enough about me.  Aren’t you going to introduce me?

Peyton: Oh! I’m so sorry! Aletha Hill, meet Sandra Temple we were room mates our freshman year at Bontemps.

The two women shake hands and smile.
Camille: Hi Peyton, how you doing?

Peyton and Camille hug.

Peyton: Camille! It’s so good to see you when did you get back?

Camille: I’ve been here for about a month now. Spain was beautiful. I missed home though.

Peyton: Aletha baby, this is my sorority sister, Camille. We were on line together our sophomore year. I was number 1 and she was the tail, number 3. 

Aletha: Peyton, I’m going to go into Dillards. Meet me there when you finish. Okay? Ladies excuse me, it was nice meeting you!

Sandra and Camille: Nice meeting you!

Aletha walks away towards Dillards. Her platform sandals are making a clicking noise on the tile floors of the mall. Camille and Sandra stare at her as she walks away.

Camille: She is really fly.  Those shoes are hot!

Sandra:  Yeah....sooooo....

Peyton: Let me clear the white elephant out of the room. Yes, I am dating a woman. I am very happy and I don’t care what anybody thinks. My parents are dead and I don’t have anyone but, God to answer to. If you want to be in my life I suggest you don’t judge me or, our friendships will cease to exist.

Camille: I didn’t know you were gay Peyton. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as abrasive I was just caught off guard.

Sandra: I think that goes double for me.

Peyton: I understand how y’all could feel like that.

Camille: Wait a minute I recognize your girlfriend…isn’t that Professor Hill’s wife?

Sandra: My man?

Both Peyton and Camille turn around and look at Sandra with shocked looks on their faces.

Peyton and Camille: YOUR man?!?

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment