Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You Owe Me an Explanation...

We begin this episode in the parking lot of Carlson, Cape and Crixus. Valencia is sitting in the parking lot crying in her car. She has the radio on the oldies station and every song that comes on reminds her of her boyfriend Drexel. She wipes her face and pulls down the visor mirror. She begins to re-apply her make-up when her phone rings…


Valencia: Hey baby, I was literally just thinking about you.

Drexel: You were?

She smiles as she is applying her mascara.

Valencia: Yeah, I was.

Drexel: Val, is there something you need to tell me?

Valencia: Uh, no. Why?

Drexel: You know the only thing that could hurt us is deceit. If there is something wrong, we can make it better together. I love you, you know that right?

Valencia: Yeah, baby, I know. What’s going on? Is there something you need to tell ME? You’re scaring me.

Drexel: Yeah, there is something wrong…you’re lying to me.

Valencia: I don’t know what you want me to tell you Drexel. Why are you picking a fight?

Drexel: You know I empty the trashcans Valencia. Tell me about this positive pregnancy test that was under mounds of paper towels in the bathroom trash.

Valencia: I, I…

Drexel: Tell me Val! What’s going on?

Valencia: I’m pregnant.

Drexel: Why are you keeping things from me? Why did I have to empty the trash to find out?

Valencia: I just wanted to tell you when I sorted out my feelings.

Drexel: So, we live together, we’ve built a life together but, you need to sort out your feelings? Listen, I don’t know if it’s the hormones or if you’re scared or what but, I need you to know that I will love and protect my child. I want us to be a family.

Valencia: You do?

Drexel: I do. I can’t wait to look into our baby’s eyes. I am so excited! Just please be open with me because I need to know we can be real with each other.

Valencia: Okay baby. I love you and I’ll see you soon. I’m sorry.

Drexel: It’s okay. Hurry up and come home so I can put my arms around the both of you!

Valencia is feeling somewhat relieved as she steps out of her car and walks toward Patrick’s office. She walks right past the receptionist and straight into Patrick’s office. Marlon and Patrick are arguing when she walks toward the door. The receptionist runs after her and tries to coax her back into the waiting area. She ignores the receptionist and stands in the doorway. The men don’t notice her and continue arguing. The receptionist stands there as well. She was unaware that Mr. Crixus is gay and is in awe.

Patrick: So, you’re backing out? I can’t believe you Marlon!

Marlon is looking down at his nails. He buffs them against his shirt. He looks dryly up at Patrick.

Marlon: Believe it. I’m done with this shady shit and I’m done with you too. Unlike you, I really care about Ashlyn and I’m telling her what’s been going on the past nine months.

Patrick: You’re delusional. You think she’s going to tolerate, let alone forgive a has been faggot who tried to siphon money from her? C’mon Marlon, you don’t want to do this. What about us? What about all the years we spent together?

Marlon: Patrick, Dennis or whoever you’re pretending to be…listen to me…it’s over. Out of the six years we were together, I had to lie to friends, hide from neighbors and sneak around like a teenager on punishment. I realize that I wasn’t in love with you, I was in love with the fact that someone wanted me. Anyway, why do you think I would never sleep with you? It wasn’t because I was scared, it was because I genuinely didn’t want to. I chose celibacy over sleeping with you. That should have been a red flag. So, let’s just let it go and go our separate ways.

Patrick: Okay Marlon, I’ll level with you. If you go through with this, I’ll give you a 70% cut. Gabrielle is going to double my portion when I invest in Silver Records anyway.

After watching them go back and forth Valencia becomes enraged that she slept with Patrick unprotected. She slams the door and screams, I’M PREGNANT YOU BASTARD! Both Marlon and Patrick turn towards her. Marlon’s mouth is wide open and Patrick is stunned.

Patrick: You’re what? Not by me.

Marlon: Well, look at this mess! You’re a screwed up man Patrick. I don’t care about that bitch Gabrielle and I don’t care about you. I should report both of your embezzling asses! One day, someone is going to kill you.

Marlon brushes past Valencia on his way out the door. He opens the door and slams it after him.

Valencia: I’m pregnant and I need money for an abortion.

Patrick: Okay.

Valencia: Don’t “okay” me Patrick. You know what we did that night.

Patrick: Just because I got drunk and told you some things doesn’t mean I’m a sucker too. I’m not giving you shit. Get the fuck out of my damn office.

Valencia: You know what? I have half a mind to have this baby and sue your behind for all you’re worth.

Patrick: You won’t get my pocket lint, you trick!

Valencia: Trick? Okay. Fine, I just hope…

Receptionist: Mr. Crixus, a Mrs. Davis here to see you.

He presses the intercom button.

Patrick: I don’t know a Mrs. Davis, take a message.

Receptionist: Uh, sir…

Patrick: I said take a message Mandy!

Adrienne and Ashlyn bursts through Patrick’s doors. Ashlyn walks up to his desk and knocks everything off of it. Valencia is totally surprised and starts crying. She turns around and says…

Ashlyn: Funny seeing you here Val.

Valencia: I’m so sorry, I, I didn’t know…I mean I knew but…oh God.

Adrienne: Yeah, you didn’t know that Ashlyn was my cousin huh?

Ashlyn: Shut up Adrienne, I believe her.

Patrick: All you bitches get the fuck out!

Ashlyn: Bitches? Bitches? You’re the BITCH DENNIS a.k.a. Patrick! Who just walks out on their wife letting her hold the bag? I thought you said you loved me! You owe me an explanation and I don’t want to hear any damn bull from you either!

Copyright © 2010 Cravencrest. All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment